At the outset, it is an ideal, a concept : Consensus for designing sustainable industrial sites
all of which presents a need for measurement and assessment instruments.
- it is difficult to translate this concept into reality
- there is a diversity of sites
- there is a lack of reference
Measurement – Planning – Execution
To adopt a sustainable approach is to commit to a continuous process of improvement.
The study may be conducted at two levels :
- At the level of the company or parcel (infrastructure and surroundings)
- At the level of the entire Business park (all of the parcels and the common spaces)
Which criteria are used to evaluate the sustainability of a Business park ?
Currently, the number of these criteria has been reduced to six. This does not mean that others do not exist, but these are the ones which have been deemed most significant.
Given that the system is modular, there is potential for change and development.
What is considered important :
- The clarity of assessment instruments
- The ability to apply the tools to all types of companies and Business Parks
- The freedom to choose the scope and to work at various levels (single company, group of companies, Business Park)
For additional information and to download the tool, visit the site www.sistool.org
Contact : Colette DEBECHE - email@example.com